Saturday, August 1, 2009

Saif Ali Khan refused to be a part of Dostana


Saif Ali Khan was offered a role in Karan Johar’s hit film ‘Dostana’ but the actor turned down the proposal as industry heavyweights Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek Bachchan were expected to be a part of the movie when it was offered to him.

“I didn’t really chicken out -- I mean I just thought, I think there was Abhishek and Aishwarya in the movie at the time I was being offered it and I was just wondering if I needed to do that and how I would fit in really and I told Karan that,” said Saif.

The film required dollops of gay attitude from the men. But that didn’t make Saif averse to the role. “The gay thing didn’t scare me off. In fact I don’t think they (Abhishek and John) actually kiss. I would have,” he added.

When informed that even Shah Rukh Khan says he would have actually kissed if he was in the film, Saif said, “Yeah and I would have kissed him”.

Saif`s latest movie ‘Love Aaj Kal’, which also stars Deepika Padukone, is picking up momentum at the Box Office. The movie, based on love in different eras, is his first venture as a producer.

No comments:

Post a Comment